This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

EeePC Amarok - playing ipod and music freezes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mel
Registered Member
Hi guys, complete noob at Linux and hoping someone could help me out. I searched for this, but nothing quite answered my question. And I couldn't find the wiki.

I purchased an EeePC and love Amarok, and have managed to set it up to read my SDHC card, scan for changes etc, and all is working well. Music played from this & my music plays perfectly.

But, when I attach my 4G ipod and play music, if I open apps or browse the net the music starts to freeze up and stutter, worse on battery. I haven't upgraded the ram. I'm thinking it's a memory issue??

I don't want to set my ipod up to sync. I'm quite happy to sync it in iTunes on my PC, but I'd love to set it up properly to play through Amarok.

Is there some way I can do this, hopefully without a whole heap of commands as I'm still reading up on Linux and want to take it all slow for now, but if anyone knows of a  quick solution, it would be appreciated. When iTunes used to stutter, I'd set the priority to high and this would sort it out. Is there something similar? I can't find how to do it if there is. I looked at the task manager, but couldn't see any options. I'm on advanced mode if that makes any difference. And it does show in file manager.

And should the ipod display 'do not disconnect' all the time whilst playing music through Amarok?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've found the priority in the Control Center and set it and the buffer as high as possible. It's a little better, but still stuttering. Actually, edit that again, after restarting it, it seems to have stopped.

But, I've selected my media device and my collection still includes everything, but the sidebar says the 'this file is not in your collection'. I had that earlier, but after I ticked the media device in the engine they all updated, which took quite a while. Do I have to add the ipods music each time I disconnect then connect it?

Last edited by Mel on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.