This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mix compilations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kikoolol
Registered Member

Mix compilations

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:39 pm
Hello amarok users !

I'm currently using Amarok 1.4.8 on Kubuntu Gutsy, and I'm very happy with it :)

Here is my question : I have several mixed compilations in my collection, which are recognized as "Various Artists", and each track of the compilation has its own artist. I would like to know if it's possible to attribute to these kind of compilations an album artist different than "VA".

Here is an example : http://www.discogs.com/release/1213635.

I would like that Amarok recognized this as an Markus Schulz' album (instead of "Various Artists"), each track having its own artist/title. Is this possible ?

Thks in advance,

Kkl
dangle_wtf

Re: Mix compilations

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:32 pm
Probably the easiest way to have it show that way in your collection is to put the track artist in the same field as the title of the track, then use Markus Shultz as the artist. Amarok 2 may include a better way to manage compilations. At the moment, you CAN set an album artist, but it's not used for collection sorting.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
kikoolol
Registered Member

Re: Mix compilations

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:21 am
Thks for your answer !

As it's just a detail for me, I think I'll wait to see if amarok 2 can handle things better :)