This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a feature to adjust seek times?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bitterbug
Registered Member
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've been doing forum searches and googling but haven't found a result.

Is there a capability for modifying the seek times to shorter or longer durations? I'm doing some medical transcription and discovered that Amarok is perfect for it, since it has global hotkeys (great feature!).

But I need to tweak the seek time to less than the default 10 seconds so I only have to listen to 1 or 2 seconds of back-audio when catching up.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
bug
Hans
Administrator
OS
You might want to try dcop and set a global shortcut for it (using for example "Input Actions" in KControl).

Code: Select all
dcop amarok player seekRelative 1

for example to seek +1 second relative to the current position.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
bitterbug
Registered Member
I was unfamiliar with dcop and just looked it up as a result of your reply. Very handy! :)

So all I need to do is pass functions through it for other apps and get all kinds of useful results.

Thanks!