This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is it possible to have more than one value in a tag?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tgoose
Registered Member
Hello there, having bought an MP3 player I'm experimenting with Amarok (Quod Libet, which I was using before, doesn't really cut the mustard for this.)

One thing I am very much missing from Quod Libet (and foobar2000) is the way that multiple tags are read. For example, I have some MP3s tagged as genre "Ambient" and "Electronic". In QL and on my Rockboxed MP3 player they will appear in the browser under both genres. However in Amarok they're listed as Ambient Electronic. It may seem like a small thing but it's the fundament of how my music is organised.

Is there any way of implementing this in Amarok, perhaps through a plugin? Is it, perhaps, going to be possible in Amarok2? I'm downloading a technical preview just in case I can get it to do anything.

If it's possible to do this then I don't see any reason not to switch over completely to Amarok; for some reason I was under the impression that it was really slow to run in GNOME but I realise I was completely wrong and it's actually really snappy!
tgoose
Registered Member
In effect, what I suppose I really want is for tags to act like Labels do.