This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

doesn't play the selected song

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mukarakaplan
Registered Member

doesn't play the selected song

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 am
When I double click a song from Ubuntu's file browser, Amarok adds that song in its playlist and keeps playing what it is playing at that moment.
Is there a way to set Amarok so that if a song is selected from the file browser, Amarok will immediately stop the song it is playing and play the selected song instead?
dangle_wtf

Re: doesn't play the selected song

Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:21 am
yes - search this forum for details please.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
unrealfighter
Registered Member

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:32 pm
What a horrible moderator you are...I have this same problem, and instead of linking the person to another post, you just tell him to look elsewhere. Try to be helpful around here instead of just telling people to look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 am
How about that, unrealfighter: I'm telling you to go **** yourself, and I'm going to ban you if I see you trolling again.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
unrealfighter
Registered Member

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 am
That's not trolling....that's the truth my friend. Very nice of a moderator to be using obscene language isn't it?
nightrose
KDE CWG
OS

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 pm
Guys stop it. Both of you.
No need for all of this.

mukarakaplan, did you find what you are looking for yet?
dangle_wtf

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 pm
unrealfighter wrote:What a horrible moderator you are...I have this same problem, and instead of linking the person to another post, you just tell him to look elsewhere. Try to be helpful around here instead of just telling people to look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!

Horrible perhaps, although the original poster had no issue with the reply. Now, did you search the rest of the forum and find the answer?

If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
unrealfighter
Registered Member

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:02 pm
I appologise for my first heated post.......i just couldn't find much on the forum...ii stayed looking everywhere and all I could find was that I have to pause what is playing so that clicking on a song plays immediately. Is there a way to do it without pausing? If there isn't, I think it would be a good idea to include it as an option in a future release.
dangle_wtf

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:01 am
edit the appropriate .desktop file (or whatever your file manager uses to configure helper apps)  to change the way Amarok is launched when a file is clicked. In a console, type "amarok --help" to look for the exact command-line parameter to suit your needs.

unrealfighter
Registered Member

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:21 am
I'm on ubuntu using GNOME. Where is this .desktop file pls?
dangle_wtf

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:31 am
look for something like "amarok.desktop" - can't think where it'd be, but a quick search (oh my, is that a swear word? ;) ) should turn it up.