This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I sync a playlist to a folder?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rrschmitz
Registered Member
Hi everyone, I've been doing some major searching but I can't seem to find an answer to what I assume is an easy solution.

What I want to do is sync a playlist to a folder, just like it would an ipod.  Which means if I add or remove songs from the playlist and sync again, it will only update the changes, not the whole playlist again.

What I have tried is creating a new 'media device' with the mount point being the new folder ex /home/playlistfolder.  Then choosing to sync the playlist to that device.  It works fine the first time, and folder gets loaded with all the music and folder structure.  But if I change the playlist and try to sync again, it will error on each song that already exists and will not remove any songs deleted from the playlist.  I have tried this process with all of the available media device options and it seems to do the same thing.

My reasoning behind this is that I have a playlist I use for syncing my 20gb ipod, and I just got a new laptop, so I thought it would be nice to sync that same playlist to the laptop (via Unison), so that I don't use up my whole laptop hardrive with my whole music collection, and it could be updated the same way as my ipod.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
Thanks