This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

General weirdness

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
filthyPierre
Registered Member

General weirdness

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:58 am
Hi, I have noticed a couple of weird behaviours of Amarok, wonder if anyone has also?

First, After a few hours of playing, maybe 60 or so songs, Amarok will start to stutter, miss/skip songs, or just refuse to play any more. If I exit right out (not just to system tray), and restart, it works fine again. On the odd occasion I have to reboot.

Second, Amarok refuses to play some songs. It tries to start playing them, you hear a short burst, then it goes to the next track on the playlist. These songs were ripped using EAC and Lame 3.96, with high VBR (--preset extreme). Musicmatch, WinAmp and my car MP3 player all play these tracks fine. Amarok refuses.

Third, I added a new directory to the music library, but Amarok refuses to put any of the tracks within into the Collection. Even though I have scan checked and the directory is listed under directories that contain the music collection. And it works fine if I put tracks into the original subdirectory (that is, original directory = /musiclib, new directory = /musiclib1).  If I browse using the "Files" tab, I can play the tracks but they don't appear in the collection.

I am running Amarok 1.4.8 on JAD 1.0 (SuSe 10.2, RT kernel).

Any ideas? TIA,

FP