This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Feature Request] Several requests I have

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
skolnick
Registered Member
Hi!

I have been using amarok and it's great. I really like it. However, there are some things I would like to see improved. First of all, I have a 80GB ipod classic, which I use as my only source of music, and I use it either on my desktop, or my laptop. So, none of my amarok (desktop or laptop) have a collection folder. So far, so good, I have no mp3 files on their hard drives, only on the ipod. However, there are some thing I have not been able to do:

1. Mark a group of files as a compilation. This can be done if the files are in the collection, but it can't be done from the "devices" tab in amarok. I would like to see that (it's pretty annoying having to copy all my compilations to the hard drive just to label them as compilation).
2. Automatically add all the contents of my ipod to the playlist. This is probably easy to do, but I have not found a way.
3. Use the album arts in the ipod. Amarok will show cover art for albums that don't have it in the ipod (that's OK :P ) but it will show no artwork for some albums even if the album has the art in the ipod. i have to manually tell it to get it from amazon.
4. When I play a compilation, and amarok is set to "random: Albums", then after the first song amarok will choose a new album, instead of going to the next song of the compilation.
5. Ability to "merge" columns. For example: I like to sort my albums by artist, then by date. Amarok can do that, but the ipod is so stupid that it will always sort the albums alphabetically. I would like the ability to merge the "year" and "album" columns (with optional separator) so that all the albums get relabeled in the ipod and i can get the sorting I want. I know, it's not your job to fix apple's stupidity, but it's just a nice request :)
6. The tree in the device tab of amarok could display the album art in the ipod database (after all, it's the device tab)
7. Ability to change the sorting order of the device tab in amarok.

Thanks for any comments on my requests :)

Edit: i forgot to tell you, I'm using amarok 1.4.9, libgpod 0.6.0 on Debian sid

Last edited by skolnick on Sun May 11, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.