This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Viewing playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bigbyte
Registered Member

Viewing playlists

Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 pm
Hello everyone,

New Amarok user here. I heard a lot of praises for Amarok an decided to try it. So far it looks very good but I think it lacks very important functionality (or I don't know where it is). I want to just view contents of playlists without playing them. Double-clicking just adds the songs to currently playing list and there is nothing in the right-click context menu that would suggest the desired function. So is it possible to view a playlist without loading it? Is it under development?

Thank you,
bigbyte
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Viewing playlists

Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 pm
There isn't and it's not under development.

Amarok is mostly oriented throwing some songs together and listening, not so much static playlists.

Amarok Developer
dangle_wtf

Re: Viewing playlists

Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 pm
Although you CAN browse the contents of a playlist if you click the little expansion next to the playlist name.
First though, you'll need to use the Playlist Browser to add your playlist to Amarok - right-click on the "Playlists" entry at the top of that page and "add...".

You can also add tracks to those playlists by dragging them from the collection browser, or from the playlist window on the right, or (if you use KDE) even from outside Amarok.

Last edited by dangle_wtf on Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"