This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mac OS X support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Mac OS X support

Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 pm
Hey, just wondered if you guys are interested in doing a native build for Mac OS X. This program looks pretty cool.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I did a search but it didn't come up with anything.
illogic-al
Registered Member

Re: Mac OS X support

Tue May 27, 2008 12:31 pm
As a matter of fact, we are very interested. If you'd like to help out with this or help us test them when we get them up and running let us know.
For now you can almost get it all the way installed by following http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Amarok2_On_OS_X .
xine will be trouble. you may just have to make -k install, or mess with the Makefile to avoid some postprocessing stuff.

Last edited by illogic-al on Tue May 27, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Tue May 27, 2008 12:37 pm
I'm happy to help, I don't know how much time I can give (and I have exams at the moment) but I'll certainly check out the port.
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:09 pm
I installed xine-lib from the source code (version 1.1.12 from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... up_id=9655) using a "standard" ./configure, make and sudo make install (and a make check to check it was OK) and it appears to have worked, I'm going to continue going through the pre-requisites from darwin ports and see if it works.
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:38 pm
Gawk (EDIT: http://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/) seems to be required for something in the uber ports list, so I configure make sudo make installed it, this worked fine.

Last edited by Eraserhead1 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 pm
Subversion also shouldn't be required, I believe it is installed by default on Mac OS X 10.5...
Rekoil
Registered Member

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 pm
I'm also trying to make this work.

Stuck on compiling xine-lib though :(. Something about ffmpeg, I'll post a snippet of my error later.
Eraserhead1
Registered Member

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:54 am
^^ Have you tried compiling xine-lib directly from the source code?
Ducky
Registered Member

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 pm
So I've heard rumours of native mac support coming with amarok 2 possibly next month this true?
illogic-al
Registered Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Next month? Release? No.
Alpha? Maybe.