This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

can amarok ignore .flac files?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JamesIsIn
Registered Member

Re: can amarok ignore .flac files?

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:47 am
braslau - I have updated my blog with new information for you.
braslau
Registered Member

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm
Yes, I’m afraid, this most useful feature is still missing in 2.0.1.1 (debian experimental). I hope that it will soon reappear, and it would help if users could (nicely) comment on this to the developers.

In fact, I would like the collection browser to be more flexible and allow more choices than Artist, Album, Genre and Composer (for example, filetype), any tag in fact. In reality, a 4th level tree would also be useful. My tree would be Type/Genre/Artist/Album (or better yet: Type/Genre/Composer or Artist/Album).
JamesIsIn
Registered Member

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 am
Well, if you are using a folder hierarchy to divide your flacs and your mp3s, then just use that to divise a new playlist.

Instead of clicking on Collection or Playlists in the left tab, click on Files.  Navigate to the portion of your folder hierarchy where you are able to select by file type (on mine it's Music > Collection > Flac).  Right-click on the folder of the type you wish and choose "Load" from the menu which comes up.

I do hope they bring back the search functionality.  It is much preferred.
JamesIsIn
Registered Member

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 am
I updated my blog post with even more useful information...
braslau
Registered Member

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 pm
My collection is well organized in a hierarchical directory tree so the Files solution is just fine;
I don't know why I never tried this...
One advantage is that one need not worry about the database, and removable media is handled.

Of course, this does not work well with music on the ipod.
So we do hope that the amarok developers will put filetype and filename back into the collection browser.