This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Question about Replaygain

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mrfjong
Registered Member

Question about Replaygain

Sat May 31, 2008 11:54 pm
Is there a way to show only the files that does not have replaygain tags?
As it is now, I have to process my whole library every now and then which takes 2 days, even though most likely only 10% of my collection is missing RG-tags.
mrfjong
Registered Member

Re: Question about Replaygain

Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 pm
Seriously, I know RG is not native built into Amarok  (which it should be but that's another discussion)  but there must be a way to only scan and apply replaygain to the tracks that doesn't have them?
dangle_wtf

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 pm
Have you also posted your question on the replaygain script page on http://kde-apps.org ?

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
seeker5528
Registered Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:42 pm
mrfjong wrote:Is there a way to show only the files that does not have replaygain tags?
As it is now, I have to process my whole library every now and then which takes 2 days, even though most likely only 10% of my collection is missing RG-tags.

Don't know in Amarok since replay gain support *is* included now as far as reading is concerned and I don't currently have any scripts installed that will calculate the gain. I have not tried running it against my collection yet, but the replaygain tool in SoundKonverter looks like it's default is to only calculate the gain for and add gain tags to files that don't already have gain tags, there is an option to force recalculation.

Later, Seeker