This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok just owned my hard drive :O

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jikslee
Registered Member

amarok just owned my hard drive :O

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:42 am
i just started using amarok on the kubuntu 8.04/kde4.

For some reason when the library is being built, a lot of my music is being copied into alphabetic folders,so my hard drive got filled up pretty quickly with doubles of everything appearing in folders named A, B, C etc..

Is this some feature of one of the databases that amarok uses? I'd like to turn it off :/

thnx for reading!
dangle_wtf
Sounds like you've used the "copy to collection" function from the files browser, rather than adding directories using the collection configuration.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
jikslee
Registered Member
is this how amarok would react if i dragged and dropped folders in? oops  :rolleyes:
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Not in my experience, no. I recently discovered I had some doubled tracks, so went into my file system to see what was happening. Sometimes it was an album I'd ripped twice (used to rip into mp3, now use ogg), in a couple of cases the entire album was under a letter of the alphabet, as you describe. Dunno how that happened, but I decided to move all the old mp3 files into a file in the same area as my oggs, so I could more easily compare them. I dragged and dropped with no problems whatsoever. Amarok took awhile to find the moved files, but the move didn't mess with covers or anything. Some of my playlists were corrupted, though, since the tracks they pointed to were now elsewhere.

dangle_wtf
jikslee wrote:is this how amarok would react if i dragged and dropped folders in? oops  :rolleyes:

Yes, if you drag directories onto Amarok, it should open the "copy to collection" dialogue.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"