This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

My problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djcla
Registered Member

My problem

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am
When viewing my mp3 collection on the collection tab some albums are not complete because 1 or 2 tracks are by a different artist so when i transfer the album to my ipod via the collection tab some songs are missing unless i find them in the list under the relevent artist and transfer them manually.  Apart from sorting by album is there another way to transfer all the album tracks regardless of artist?

Thanks in advance
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: My problem

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:49 am
If you mean that one or two tracks have an additional artist, rather than listing them both as the Artist, I add, after the song title: (feat. Additional Artist). This is the solution suggested by Music Brainz.

If instead you are talking about something like a soundtrack album where it is mostly by one artist, but a few tracks by others, I suggest choosing to list the album in Various Artists. If you are looking for all the tracks by a particular artist, just search for that artist, and there they will all be. If you want the album, there it will be in Various.

You might play with the way your collection is sorted, also. There are quite a few choices, and some will fit the way you use your collection better than others.