This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

All podcasts download to one directory

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MercuryShadow
Registered Member
I have about 6 podcasts being followed in Amarok, and each one has its own directory within ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/podcasts.  However, all podcasts are being downloaded to a single directory.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I am using Amarok 1.4.9.1 on Kubuntu Hardy.

EDIT: Just looked closer and it's actually downloading the podcasts to a subdirectory of one of the podcasts' directories.  So, for instance, within ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/podcasts, say that the following directories exist:

podcast01
podcast02
podcast03
podcast04
podcast05
podcast06

Within the "podcast01" directory, there is also the following for some strange reason:

podcast01/podcast02
podcast01/podcast03
podcast01/podcast04
podcast01/podcast05
podcast01/podcast06

Podcasts episodes from the first podcast go into podcast1, but from 2 through 6 they're all going to these subdirectories within the podcast01 directory.  Does anyone know if there's a config file somewhere that tells Amarok where to download the episodes, or is this all stored in the SQLite database that Amarok is using?  I did a recursive grep for the title of a couple of these podcasts and didn't find anything helpful.

Last edited by MercuryShadow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Linux + KDE 4.4.3
eean
KDE Developer
OS
You can right-click on the podcast header, pick out the podcast settings and then change where files are downloaded too.

My guess is that you did this at some point.

Amarok Developer
MercuryShadow
Registered Member
Yeah, I must have done so by accident... looks like the value was changed on the Podcasts "folder" itself within Amarok which explains why all subsequent podcasts were downloaded to where they were.  Went ahead and corrected the path there as well as for each individual podcast.  Thanks!

Arch Linux + KDE 4.4.3