This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

keeps giving low scores to songs I like

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Luke Drillhead
Registered Member
Frustrating.  I have the whole collection of The Donnas albums as MP3s.  They're all organized perfectly in Amarok with all the album covers, tracks in order, etc.  However, for some reason their songs are getting extremely poor scores.  I'm not cutting the songs off before they're done.  Songs that I play from start to finish end up with awful scores like 16 or 33. 

I've noticed it's always songs that don't have a score yet.  Songs that already have a decent score come out okay.  Usually if they have a 74, they get a 75 after a play.  I've been going in and deleting the bad scores so that they have a chance at a good score next time they're played, but next time I play them, they end up with terrible scores again. 

What's going on? 
dangle_wtf
are you using the default scoring script that ships with Amarok? Check in the script manager.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Luke Drillhead
Registered Member
Yes, the scoring is set to default on both machines I'm using Amarok on.  I see another option is "Impulsive."  Would that one work better?  I tried to google info on how Amarok scores, but didn't find much.