This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can Amarok runs on Ubuntu 8.04 (with Gnome)?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ewsg
Registered Member
Hi,

I only saw in your downloads page the package for "Kubuntu". Someone knows how can I install Amarok on Ubuntu (with Gnome)?

Thank you all for all your help. :)

Regards.
kriko
Registered Member
OS
Of course you can!
ewsg
Registered Member
So, can I download the "Kubuntu" package and install it?

Regards. :)
kriko
Registered Member
OS
I'm not ubuntu user, but I think if you select only amarok, your distro package manager will wisely chose all packages dependancies.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Yep you can. Kubuntu users can use Ubuntu packages and Ubuntu users can use Kubuntu packages. The difference between Kubuntu and Ubuntu is only what software is installed by default.

Amarok Developer
ewsg
Registered Member
Hello friends,

Thank you very much, and sorry for my "newbie questions".

Have a nice day!
Mortuis
Registered Member
When you install Amarok, it will also pull in whatever software other it needs to run (this is also true of any other KDE application you want to install in a GNOME environment, at least in Ubuntu).  I personally had a problem running Amarok at first, after several minutes the application would crash and I would have a message complaining about being unable to find an application called kmail.  So I went to the command line and installed kmail and haven't had any problems since then.