This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Does anyone have any Smart Playlist coping stratigies/workarounds?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mortuis
Registered Member
I've recently started using Amarok to sync podcasts to my iPod Nano, and I really like it so far, much better/easier than loading an XP VM to sync to iTunes (after begging the USB interface to work, a feat which often requires several tries and restarts). One feature I miss is the smart lists. I understand that the main focus of Amarok is for playing music, and smart lists aren't a high priority feature as it makes setting up music play lists just a little bit easier, but for podcasts they're invaluable.  When you're content is being updated every day, some things being added in and other things disappearing, it's really nice to have an algorithm out there organizing the chaos into a few lists.

Since smart play lists aren't available yet, what methodologies or workarounds do people use to create play lists with minimal effort, or to get by without them?  Up to this point I've been just been manually selecting which episodes I want to listen to, an effort that is only possible due to Amarok supporting marking episodes as new on the iPod so I can keep track of what I've listened to so far (thank God!).  But it can be frustrating while commuting to have to wait for a stoplight to be able to take my eyes off the road in order to start a new episode, so I'm going to start playing with the play lists soon, see if I can't figure out a quick/easy way to make some sort of commute list, and possibly figure out some way to script it.