This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Asus eeePC and Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jgreathouse1
Registered Member

Asus eeePC and Amarok

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:05 pm
I bought my teenage daughter an Asus eeePC and she doesn't understand how to access her iTunes library/account on it. It came pre-loaded with Amarok, which I understand can read the information on the iTunes serviers.

Can someone walk us through the set up process?

When she opens Amarok, it's not apparent what to do next to access/link to her iTunes 'account.'  I assume she'll need to import or sign in or...  something, but we can't tell what to do.

Thanks much for any help you can give us,
Janet
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: Asus eeePC and Amarok

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm
If you talk about the iTunes store (including all copy-protected songs you bought), this will not be possible thanks to Apple (only the iTunes software can connect to the iTunes store and only iTunes can play the songs you bought there).

You can clearly add all non-copy protected songs to Amarok by just pointing it to the files. There might even be a way to import the play count and ratings, but I do not know how to do this (google might help).
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Asus eeePC and Amarok

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:50 pm
My son uses iTunes also, on his windows computer. If he was moving to a linux box again, I would advise: burning CDs or DVDs with all the songs he's bought, and has not yet backed up. On the linux box, rip those tracks. Non-DRM files can simply be moved to a portable HD, and moved to to the linux box, or played from the portable HD. iTunes does not play nice with anybody else.