This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Saving radio streams in amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iceolate
Registered Member

Saving radio streams in amarok

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:33 pm
In the playlist section of Amarok where the huge list of Shoutcast streams are, is there a way to delete them from view? For example, ones that I know that I will never listen to, I'd like to remove them so that don't clutter up the menu when I'm looking for things.

Also, if I have a group of streams in the favorites section under Radio Streams, is there a file that it saves it to, so that if I reinstall Amarok again, I could load it up again (like a bookmarks file)?

Because I spent a few hours one night compiling a small list of favorites, then a few days later, half of them were deleted. I don't really remember what some of them were, so it'd be nice to have a backup of the favorites, especially with the vast amounts of radio streams present in Amarok.

I'm not looking to record the stream itself, like a different thread was asking
cdupree
Registered Member

Re: Saving radio streams in amarok

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:31 am
I've been able to drag and drop the Shoutcast entry to, say, my desktop, and later start Amarok on that stream through the resulting icon.  But it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable, at least at the time.  I haven't tried it recently.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 am
It's pretty simple:

You clear the playlist, then add your stream, and then just save it as a new playlist with an appropriate name ("PowerClassic.FM" or so). Then you can access the stream anytime from the Playlists sidebar.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
cdupree
Registered Member

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:54 am
Ah, I figured there had to be a straightforward way I was overlooking!  Many thanks, and happy 2009!