This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Moodbar in Amarok 2.0?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ofir
Registered Member

Moodbar in Amarok 2.0?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 pm
Hello,

I use Amarok (1.4 on Ubuntu 8.04) as my primary music player and one of my favorite features is the Moodbar.

This feature is not only a favorite of mine but also of many others, for example, when my friends saw Moodbar they immediately asked me how they can get Amarok...

My question is will Moodbar be included in Amarok 2.0 or not? And if not, will it be possible to install it somehow?

Regards,
Ofir
nightrose
KDE CWG
OS

Re: Moodbar in Amarok 2.0?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:15 pm
No it will definitely not be included in 2.0
For future versions we don't know yet. Someone needs to step up and do a lot of work on it to get it in shape for Amarok 2. The state it is currently in is not acceptable for Amarok 2.
ofir
Registered Member

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:20 pm
What do you mean in "shape for Amarok 2"? What is needed to be done to migrate Moodbar to Amarok 2.0?
nightrose
KDE CWG
OS

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 pm
I am not sure what exactly needs to be done. Please send an email to our mailinglist amarok@kde.org to get a concise answer.
Fosnez
Registered Member

Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 am
I would also be very interested to see Moodbar in Amarok 2.

While I'm at it I'd also suggest that the data be recorded in the mysql database (if it is being used) so it can be used elsewere.
ofir
Registered Member

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 am
Fosnez wrote:I would also be very interested to see Moodbar in Amarok 2.

While I'm at it I'd also suggest that the data be recorded in the mysql database (if it is being used) so it can be used elsewere.

Can you help me work on this feature? or help me convince someone to work on this feature?