This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Stop Amarok from deleting database when files aren't found

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
srunni
Registered Member
Hi,

I use a folder that's an NFS share as the collection directory in Amarok. If I ever open Amarok without the directory mounted, the database information for the collection is deleted, and I have to recreate it, which creates a lot of network traffic and wear/tear on the hard drive of the server with the actual files. Is there any way to back up the collection information and restore it if Amarok deletes it, or just prevent Amarok from deleting the collection information?

Thanks!
hurra
Registered Member
Amarok doesn't delete it. It just won't show up in the GUI.

If you mount your drive, the data should show up.

Check the Wiki, this Feature is called Dynamic Collections.
srunni
Registered Member
I don't understand. When I open Amarok without the directory mounted, then close Amarok, then mount the directory and reopen it, all my collection data is gone. I'm using Amarok 1.4.10 with the SQLite for the DB with KDE 3.5.9 on Gentoo, by the way. I have the NFS share in /etc/fstab, as the Dynamic Collection wiki page says is required.

Last edited by srunni on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangle_wtf
If you have "watch folders for changes" disabled, you will need to select "update collection" from the tools menu.

Also, no need to close Amarok before mounting the drive.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
srunni
Registered Member
I have `watch folders for changes' enabled. Do I need to disable that?