This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok 2: sorting the playlist, show more track/file details

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JaKi
Registered Member
OS
Will there be a details list mode in amarok2 like the playlist in amarok1? That 's the most important thing (besides playing the music ;) ) for me, to view all possible details in one row to compare the tracks and to arrange the playlist entries with a single click by file type, category, rating, album, file size, track length, bmp etc. Please implement it in amarok2 too, a music manager without this feature is pointless IMHO.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Nope, not planned at this point.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
JaKi
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for your answer.

What a pity. I hate to lose excellent programs. Alas Amarok's nearly useless for me without that. Any alternative ideas what I can use in the future? The application must have last.fm support and that amarok1 playlist/sorting capabilities. Further it should show and fetch lyrics, allow me to rate the songs and should allow me to put music onto my ipod and generate playlists and burn playlists to CD and be capable of a fullscreen mode like amarok with amarokFS or kirocker and should support esd for music over network with NX. 

The new Amarok might be nice and featureful and the devs sure did and do a great job - but it's not the application anymore I can have fun with.
dangle_wtf
You *could* continue to use Amarok 1.4 - there's nothing forcing you to move to 2.0 at this stage...

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Lorem Ipsum
Registered Member
Mark Kretschmann wrote:Nope, not planned at this point.

Please, change your mind... until some week ago there was a button to switch into what i supposed to be the 'old' playlist, why you have dropped it?
Regards