This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Queue in Amarok 2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bigtruck
Registered Member

Queue in Amarok 2?

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:16 am
I just installed the Mac beta, and while I'm THRILLED do be done with iTunes, I was surprised to see the none of the excellent queuing controls from Amarok 1 aren't in it. Please tell me these will reappear in the later beta. Amarok's ability to easily customize the playlist on the fly was its number one draw.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Queue in Amarok 2?

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 pm
It's not clear if and when the queue feature will return. It's a controverse topic among us devs. Some of us like it, but others don't.

As we are in feature freeze now, it will probably not happen before 2.0.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
bigtruck
Registered Member

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 pm
I should clarify. I don't care so much about the queue manager (setting this song here to play first, this one up above to play second, this one at the bottom to play third, etc) as three contextual menu items: play now, play next, and play last. Those were all I needed to build a playlist without having to constantly mouse back and forth between the library and the playlist ala iTunes. I can't believe they would be difficult to reimplement and hope to see them again!

Thank-you to you and all the developers working on this fantastic project. I really can't overstate what a big deal it is for me to finally be able to use Amarok on a mac. iTunes has been irritating me for years!
Ivan Čukić
Registered Member

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:44 am
I've been using the development version for quite some time now (alongside the old one) and the only thing I can't get used to is having to reorder my playlist in order to play a specified song next (even more difficult when random playing is on).

So, my first step is to infiltrate Amarok development through Plasma... and then influence the votes for this issue HA HA HA (diabolic laughter)
dangle_wtf

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Problem is, Amarok devs don't pay a *lot* of attention to vote counts. You'd be better infiltrating Amarok by developing for Amarok directly - then you can do it yourself ;-)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Ivan Čukić
Registered Member

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 am
Well, as I understood from the post above, there is a collision whether the feature *should* be implemented, not that nobody wants to do it.

As for joining the development, unfortunately Lancelot is taking enough of my free time (and my extra extra free time is spoken for... for Raptor :) ) so having Amarok on the list as well is not possible :(