This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New iPod Nano (4th gen.) Question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ijustwantyourhalf
Registered Member

New iPod Nano (4th gen.) Question

Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:14 pm
Hi all,

Just curious if anyone else is using this iPod with Amarok yet. Mine will sync music perfectly but I have a few issues with artwork.
I get coverflow fine but no art with the currently playing track and no art in the little preview scroller in the main menu.
I have fixed problems like this on other iPods by simply making sure that the right model is identified by Amarok but since this is so new it is of course not on the list.

To the question then:
I assume the problem is some format/size incompatability issue
Has anyone decide if the new nano software package more closely matches some other model that the 3rd gen nano? iTouch maybe?
and/or
Is there a way to sus out what this nano wants and tweak my cover art accordingly?

Thanks for any help,

Don

*edited* sorry  running Amarok 1.4.9.1 KDE 3.5.9-5

Last edited by ijustwantyourhalf on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangle_wtf

Re: New iPod Nano (4th gen.) Question

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 pm
It wouldn't hurt to check with libgpod devs to see whether your model is supported yet.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
drunkenhopfrom
Registered Member
Bump old instead of start new...

I just wanted to verify:

I'm getting ready to purchase a new ipod nano 4th gen... features work with new amarok?

I had the disaster of buying a zune after my old ipod crashed and HATE it.  So I want to make sure before I invest in another new mp3 player.

Using Jaunty - 1st gen nano that I had worked flawlessly.

TIA!