This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Re: Greetings, Thanks, and a Question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yenoham
Registered Member

Greetings, Thanks, and a Question

Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:29 pm
Hello everybody! I just started using Amarok last week and I gotta say it's the best media player I've ever used. So thanks. My question is this: Is there a way to make the collection browser show album covers instead of the cd icon? I did a search of the forum and it seems like this used to be a feature based on what I read here: http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/t ... 429.0.html . Perhaps I'm just missing the correct option in the settings? Either way, thanks again for the excellent program.  :biggrin:
Ramblurr
Registered Member
OS

Re: Greetings, Thanks, and a Question

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:53 pm
Yes, to display album art your songs need to have album art associated with them. Use the Cover Manager (Under the Tools menu) to download and store album art.

Amarok Developer
yenoham
Registered Member
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I do have album art associated with my albums.  What I was referring to was the tree level below the artist name.  When I open the album tree the album art and songs show, but I was hoping to see the art before I open the album tree.  I'm not sure I'm describing it properly.  The first post in the thread I linked above shows what I'm talking about though.  I'm hoping to see the album art without having to open up the individual albums.  Thanks for the response.

I forgot to mention I'm using GNOME.  Could this have something to do with it?

Last edited by yenoham on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mintlars
Registered Member
OS
Hey

I'm guessing you're using Amarok 1.4. As far as I know, there no way to make it show the album art instead of generic cd in tree view (unless you expand the albums of course), but this seem to be "fixed" in Amarok 2, so patience is the cure here.

mintlars, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
yenoham
Registered Member
Guess I'll have to wait. Thanks for the info.