This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How should I use Amarok2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Biert
Registered Member

How should I use Amarok2?

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:17 pm
I've been using Amarok (1.4) for a couple of years now, and I've always loved it.

After experimenting with KDE 4 a couple of times (and running into many problem with older Amarok 2 versions), I made the definitive switch to KDE 4.1.2 a couple of weeks ago. And I thought that I'd give Amarok 2 another try as well.

I have installed Beta 2 and it's working without problems now. But I have 1 question: How should I use it?

Let me explain how I used 1.4 first. I had loaded my entire music collection into one single playlist (some 13,000 songs) and had the playmode on Shuffle Albums.

Upon using Amarok2 I found out that it's not really an option anymore. When I try to load all files in one playlist, the order gets scrambled up, I'm not even sure all files are there. And the new playlist view doesn't make it any easier either.

So the question is, is there a way to mimick the behaviour of Amarok 1.4 (the way I used it) in Amarok 2, using dynamic playlists for examlpe? I tried to figure out how that works but but I only found some info on the way it works in 1.4.

Thanks in advance :)

(PS: Oh and the Am4rok plasma applet is not working, and Am3rok didn't work either, but I'm not sure this is the place to address this)
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: How should I use Amarok2?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 am
Obviously you should use the collection browser, instead of putting your whole collection into one playlist. How hard is that to understand?

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Biert
Registered Member

Re: How should I use Amarok2?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:01 am
Mark Kretschmann wrote:Obviously you should use the collection browser, instead of putting your whole collection into one playlist. How hard is that to understand?

I think that way I would have to select each album I want to play by hand.

What I would like to see, is that Amarok selects a random album for me to listen to, play through it entirely, and then randomly select the next album.

(Also I'd love to have a button that would skip to the next random album. I missed that in 1.4)