This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 Delete Songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bouncingmolar
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok 2 Delete Songs

Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am
Mamarok wrote:Well, then I wonder why I can do it here, using Amarok 2.3-git. And I know for sure I can do it since already quite some time. See the attached screenshot:
delete_track.png

AAAAAARGH!!!!!

How do I get that!!!!! thats exactly what i want!!!!

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Dieter Schroeder wrote:....delete[ing] tracks .... is more dangerous than useful....<br>Deleting files is a task done in a filemanager not for a musicplayer/manager whatsoever.<br><br>m0nk

Sorry Dieter we'll have to agree to disagree about thatone. Why would you want to navigate through tiers of folders or search all your files to locate an mp3 you don't like when you could do it within amarok as you listened to it. Seems like alot of extra hassle, and the feature in mamaroks, screenshot would be extremely useful for my purposes. I hardly ever want less control of my computer.
bouncingmolar
Registered Member
OS

Wed May 05, 2010 11:33 am
AHA!!!!! I figured it out!!!!

You were right all along Mamarok, thanks for the screenshot it was extremely helpful for getting the old brain working.

I noted that your image layout was different i couldn't see Local collection etc... I figured there is a little button next to the spanner "sort options" called "merged view" I had it selected. And in the merged view you cannot delete files. Oh boy! you can not believe how much headbanging this will stop, unless i'm of course listening to headbanging music.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 am
@bouncingmolar
Maybe it is useful for you, but I can remember in 1.4 times, there was a lot of hazzle, because users thought "delete the track" only removes it from the collection/playlist, not from disk.
And stop listening to headbanging music, or you will later look like me.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
PhotoNeil
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:42 pm
I'm running Amorak 2.4 in Kubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I ran across this thread because I'm having difficulties culling my collection of mp3's, which are all dups of mp4 files. Amarok seems to want to defeat me at every turn xD

I have my local collection displayed in the left pane. When I right click a title I do NOT see "Delete Track" or "Move to Collection" options on the right click context menu.

My collection is stored on another machine acting as a file server, running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. The volume is mounted and accessed via NFS, with read/write authority. I can delete these tracks using Dolphin so there should not be a permissions issue here.

In reading this thread it appears that at least one other person had the same problem, but all with older versions of Amarok.

Anyone have any insights as to why I cannot delete (or move) tracks here?

Edit: Kubuntu 10.04 LTS is running in a virtual machine running in Win Xp. I also have Kubuntu 10.10 running in a VM on the same WinXP machine. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is running Amorak 2.3.2 as installed from the distro. I can delete/move tracks within 2.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS so I'm thinking this is something "new" in Amorak 2.4????
esperanza1988
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 am
hi! I have the same problem with you and I learned a lot from your thread