This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 Delete Songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
metalcoat
Registered Member

Amarok 2 Delete Songs

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 am
Alright just decided to bite the bullet and low and behold everything is working great!  About 150 songs are untagged but oh well.  First question, How do I delete songs from collection (and computer all together)?  Is it so obvious that I am missing this?
spacemoose
Registered Member

Re: Amarok 2 Delete Songs

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 pm
Hey there.

I'm looking for this functionality as well.  So far I've invested at least 20 minutes into it, and haven't come with anything, either here on the forums, or elsewhere on Google's indexes.

Dev's, how about it?  Does this exist in some hidden arcane command tree?  If not, are there plans to implement it?  If it will get added to the main branch, I'll even be happy to implement the code myself.

G.
dangle_wtf

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 am
Have either of you tried just selecting the song in your collection and right-clicking? Alternatively, use the Files browser to navigate to the track and delete it there. Again, a right-click should give you something to work with ;-)

Since neither of you specify which version of Amarok you're using, I can't be specific, but in amarok 1.4 there was a preference setting to delete or just stick the file in your trash.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
darkscot
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:32 am
dangle_wtf wrote:... but in amarok 1.4 there was a preference setting to delete or just stick the file in your trash.

That is not present in V2, which is a shame as I found it a useful feature.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
dangle_wtf

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:47 am
*yet

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
bouncingmolar
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 1:32 pm
Have there been any developments or plans for this feature?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm
You seem not to use Amarok 2.x, else you would know that you can delete tracks since quite some time... also you are in a thread that is older than a year.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bouncingmolar
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm
Mamarok wrote:You seem not to use Amarok 2.x, else you would know that you can delete tracks since quite some time... also you are in a thread that is older than a year.

I'm using amarok 2.3.0, thats why i posted in this "amarok 2 delete songs" thread. what version are you using?

I can't find this said function, please point it out to me because i can't find it. If you mean navigating to the file using the built in file manager, thats not what i mean: This is what i mean:

darkscot wrote:
dangle_wtf wrote:... but in amarok 1.4 there was a preference setting to delete or just stick the file in your trash.

That is not present in V2, which is a shame as I found it a useful feature.

There is no way to delete the file when you are in your "local music"

I can navigate to the file in dolphin to delete the file, but that takes just as long, (maybe quicker) than navigating to it in amarok.

I realised that I posted in an old thread, show me a newer one with the same subject and I will post there. I want the same thing these people wanted in 2008
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 pm
Of course there is: right click on any song you would want to delete, there is an option "Delete Track"

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bouncingmolar
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm
I still can't find it, can you please describe what panel you are getting this option.

here is a compilation of some screenshots to show you my context menus.

Just to clarify I can delete files in the built in File navigator, where you can navigate the whole of linux, but that option is as clumsy as using dolphin.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm
Hm, maybe this was only added after 2.3.0 then, try the 2.3.1 beta or wait another 2 weeks :)
But seriously, deleting track in Dolphin is by no means clumsy, since you can delete multiple files, in Amarok you can only delete tracks one by one.

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm
There is no way to delete tracks through the context menu, even in 2.3-GIT.
For me this is a feature I don't need. It is more dangerous than useful, same as the suspicious organize collection feature.
Deleting files is a task done in a filemanager not for a musicplayer/manager whatsoever.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm
Well, then I wonder why I can do it here, using Amarok 2.3-git. And I know for sure I can do it since already quite some time. See the attached screenshot:
delete_track.png

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 7:19 pm
Mea culpa, you can delete tracks through the context menu in the collection, but only there.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Max
Registered Member
OS

Tue May 04, 2010 7:33 pm
I am using the stable 2.2.2 and I have a Delete Track option in the right click menu while browsing Local Music.
So, uh, that's pretty weird.

Cogito ergo surf
I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!