This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 needs color

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
1cewolf
Registered Member

Amarok 2 needs color

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:32 am
I recently switched over to KDE 4 after using GNOME for a while. Amarok is one of the few KDE applications I used back in my GNOME days, so I felt obliged to try out Amarok 2 and help along its development. So far, I like what I'm seeing. The ability to add applets in the middle panel is nice, although I think I might have preferred to have the customizable panels viewable as a tab on the left side so that the interface could look more like Amarok 1.x. There's just one thing that bugs the hell out of me...

Amarok 2 looks so dull that it practically puts me to sleep.

I'm sorry, but it's true. Amarok in KDE 3 looked cool with its blue accents, but Amarok 2 is way too gray. The overwhelming presence of gray makes it look washed out and boring and I would like to see things brightened up. Here are a few places where I believe a touch of blue would make Amarok 2 more visually pleasing:

-The upper-left corner buttons
-The song progress bar
-The volume control bar
-The OSD (just a thin blue border?)
-The tray tooltip

What do you think?

“Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.â€
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Amarok 2 needs color

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:44 am
Don't worry, we are still working on the graphical theme of A2, and we're aware that it's a bit dull still. We'll improve on it step by step ;)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer