This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Script to copy 'never played' songs to media player

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Toronto72
Registered Member
OS
Trying to replicate a feature of iTunes/iPod. 

I want to have a script that will transfer a certain number of songs from my collection with a playcount of zero.  This is probably done with a smartplaylist and then just copying said list to the device.

Assuming that I can get my media player to update the playcount variable after the song has been played on the external device, another script that would remove the now played song and replace it with another 'never played' song from my collection. The second script may not necessarily be an amarok script.

If someone has a suggestion(s), I would not mind getting this done.

I haven't determined the exact media device yet, but something with MTP and ID3 tag support should work.

FYI, I am using 1.4.9.1.  If there is a comparable feature already included in amarok 2, please let me know.
LD
Registered Member
I remember that the Never Played playlist WAS available in 1.4.x by default in the smart playlists. You should really only have to modifiy it to set a specific number of songs then send that to the media device.
Toronto72
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, that solves the first part of the equation...

Any suggestions on how to update files played on the media device, so that Amarok knows they've been played?
LD
Registered Member
That's going to have to be addressed at the code level. I'd personally like for the media device protocals to have statistics for the device. AS well as stuff for local stats.