This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Migrate MediaMonkey ratings to Amarok Db?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Meetloaf13
Registered Member
I have a lot of problems with Media players, in that I lose my ratings when trying to switch from one to the other (yeah, this is probably done for a reason, no doubt a selfish one).  I was able to get my Itunes (windows) information to Amarok (Ubuntu) with a handy script I found online.  I was also able to import my itunes (windows) library directly into MediaMonkey (windows).  But I cannot find a way to get my MediaMonkey (windows) library into Amarok (Ubuntu).

All I REALLY care about are the Ratings/scores. 

Is there any way I can accomplish this?

Thanks
dangle_wtf
I believe this is being worked on for Amarok 2 - so hold your horses until there's a nice stable version, and you'll be right!

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
sebr
Yes, we've got a framework in place to allow importing of data from different players. All we have at the moment are importers for Amarok 1.4 and itunes. Maybe you'd like to step forward and volunteer to create an importer for media monkey?
Meetloaf13
Registered Member
Oh man, if I even remotely knew what I was doing, I'd gladly create on and share it with the community.

The extent of my knowledge is simple parsing Macros in Excel VBA...otherwise I'd be all over it.