This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Re: Handbook in Amarok (Ubuntu) will not load

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hairymole
Registered Member
I have downloaded the khelpcenter.  Nothing loads.  Synaptic says I have khelpcenter4 and khelpcenter versions 4:4.1.2-Oubuntu 6 (both).  What do I need to do to get khelpcenter to work from F1??

Thanks
dangle_wtf
Which version of Amarok? I don't think the handbook for 2.0 has been written yet....

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
hairymole
Registered Member
I'm using Amarok v1.4.10
dangle_wtf
Does it work from within Amarok, using the menu?

If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
hairymole
Registered Member
dangle_wtf wrote:Does it work from within Amarok, using the menu?

No
bweinel
Registered Member
OS
I'm having the same problem with Amarok 1.4.10 and Kubuntu KDE 3.5.10.... khelpcenter 4.1.13 is installed but still no Amarok handbook from the F1 key. When you try to access the Amarok handbook directly from khelpcenter its not there either... It appears that the Amarok handbook files weren't installed with the Kubuntu release. Is there a way to add'em after the fact?  Bill
dangle_wtf
Sounds like a packaging issue - perhaps ask on the kubuntu forums.
The handbook can be found online as well, but should have been installed with the package, afaik.

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extr ... index.html