This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok closes when clicking to play

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cosmos65
Registered Member

Amarok closes when clicking to play

Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Yesterday I Install it, did all the steps, but when trying to play, when I clicked the play button after a couple of seconds the application just closed. All I can do is just see the playlist. I install the latest KDE version. 'am running a WINDOWS XP SP2.

Waht to do next????????? Help please
Boni
Registered Member
Not sure if this may solve your problem:
http://saroengels.net/kde-windows/amarok-nightly/README
(use newest nightly instead)

I still try to find out how to import my Linux collection.db...

Last edited by Boni on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cosmos65
Registered Member
Thanks Boni,

I will try it later on when I get home.

Cosmos
Boni
Registered Member
forexsystemprofi wrote:Is it possible?

I can't tell yet. I didn't try everything out yet.
The thing is that the importing function from Amarok 2 doesn't work with old Linux databases as the path has changed. That MUST be added!

So I tried a workaround: Building the collection on Amarok2 under Linux and Windows at the same time. Importing the Database from Amarok 1.4 on Linux so I have the ratings on Amarok2 for Linux. The database files are stored in /home/.../.kde-neon/share/apps/amarok/mysqle (something like that) and so I transferred all these files except the URL* ones to Windows:
C:/Documents and Settings.../.kde4/share/apps/amarok/mysqle and so have overwritten the existing ones.

What works with this method are the only play counts but not the ratings :(

I'd love to have a way to open and edit the database files with a GUI Editor (or something else) to manually change the path adresses.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
You can access Amarok 2's MySQLe database from within the Script Console script. It's explained in another thread on this forum.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
cosmos65
Registered Member
I just finish instalinting it, and is working yeah, how come  the GUI is different from the adlinuxone? I was checking it out but can't see where to look information in wikipedia.  Since is the first I have worked with something build for Linux.  I still to get to feel of it.

Thanks a mil
Boni
Registered Member
cosmos65 wrote:I just finish instalinting it, and is working yeah, how come  the GUI is different from the adlinuxone? I was checking it out but can't see where to look information in wikipedia.  Since is the first I have worked with something build for Linux.  I still to get to feel of it.

Thanks a mil

Amarok 2 on Windows runs in a more "native" way, that's why it has more borders and looks less good than on actual linux (andlinux, I'm using it, too). There will be skins available sometimes.

@ Mark: Thanks, I will look into it! Hope it works also for the external database files.
Boni
Registered Member
Small update: The score can't be taken over to windows because for some reason Amarok 2 doesn't import the score of my 1.4 database...