This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok2: how to disable automatic cover fetch when adding collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dyle
Registered Member
It maybe answered already somewhere, so please point me to the correct post. Since "amarok2 cover fetch" results in thousands of web pages complaining it doesn't work, but for me ...

... it *does* work! But I want to disable it! How can I do that?

Whenever I add folders to my collection, amarok2 runs across the Web eager to fetch covers. I don't want that. Amarok2 asks some servers on the web and returns sometime very false, bad covers, whereas I have them already! I'm not even asked before! This is a great No-No for me.

I have covers for each and every album on the HD and Amarok1 did a great job in mathing those *.jpg, *.png files with the current album.

How can I disable this behaviour? If I want to covers to be fetched from the net, I want to decide for which album and from where.

The default behaviour is that annoying I'm thinking in switching to exaile or banshee.
sebr
Have you even bothered to open the settings? It's on the first page.
dyle
Registered Member
Hm, ...where? It isn't. What option/button you are refering to?

I've tried to upload a screenshot, but the forum complains the "Upload is full". The png just has about 47.7K.
sebr
The option says "Automatically retrieve cover art"
dangle_wtf
If it's not in your settings, then you're probably not running a recent Amarok2.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
dyle
Registered Member
That's correct! I switched to a much more recent version and suddenly I have this option.

... and it works. Amarok stopped fetching covers.

THX