This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

an idea: songkick integration (maybe for later)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MaxPolun
Registered Member
I've been a fan of amarok for many years, but I do look at the competition sometimes. After reading about Songbird I only saw one feature that caught my eye that amarok did not have: concert recommendations via Songkick. Clearly amarok needs this. Now I understand that it's crunch time getting version 2 out the door, so I'm just posting this to let people know about it and start thinking about it. I'd be willing to work on it, even, though I'd have to learn how to write a plasmoid, etc, etc.

I did mock up an idea of what it might look like. For now I'm just assuming it would recommend concerts based on the current track's artist, though songkick has a program that makes recommendations based on your whole library.  Maybe amarok could use the most played artists or something...? Anyways here's my mock up:
[img]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/MaxPolun/amarok.png[/img]
nightrose
KDE CWG
OS
We are working on it already ;-)
MaxPolun
Registered Member
actually I was looking at the source and just realized that. well, good work on anticipating my desires before I even think of them :)