This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Migrating to 2 from 1.x

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
purloiner
Registered Member

Migrating to 2 from 1.x

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:09 pm
I've been using Amarok for a few years and love it, at the moment I'm using postgresql to manage my database on a server and I think it's the daddy.  about 16k tracks which I have spent ages rating, tagging etc.

Now I love the new look of rok2 but am disappointed with the fact that I have to create my database on every pc and for every login on each pc (about 6 pc's, 3 logins.) and then re-rate all those tracks for each login and each pc.

So it seems for me the way forward will be Ampache when it and the rok are ready but I don't see a way I can keep all my ratings intact from my 1.4 database.

One thing would seem to be the rating within the tag itself, has anyone seen a script that might copy my amarok 1.4 tag into the tag of the file itself so that the tags can be read by anything (like tags in photos?)

Assuming a script could do this (it's beyond my limited capabilty) would amarok be able to use these tags in the future?