This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Re: Ampache and dynamic playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pholthau
Registered Member

Ampache and dynamic playlists

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:33 pm
Hey!

Just a short question: Is it possible to let music from an ampache server be included in a dynamic playlist? That would be nice!

Patrick
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:05 pm
Not yet, but it will be possible in future releases :)

(Ampache and other services will be available as normal collections in later Amarok 2 versions. Amarok 2 is actually designed for supporting many kinds of collections, not just your local one.)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
pholthau
Registered Member

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm
Thanks for your reply. That was exactly the kind of answer that I wanted to hear :)
syntron
Registered Member

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:54 pm
Mark Kretschmann wrote:Not yet, but it will be possible in future releases :)

(Ampache and other services will be available as normal collections in later Amarok 2 versions. Amarok 2 is actually designed for supporting many kinds of collections, not just your local one.)

I like to hear that! At the moment I use the old version and check amarok2 from time to time. I use the database and my collection via nfs on different computers. This is also possible with amarok 2 using ampache - but the dynamic playlist feature is missing ... :-(

Another bug (?): if I search using ampache for an artist and select on collection not only the title by the artist is returned but all songs in the collection. Perhaps the output should be filtered (again: so it is searched two times?)