This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ID3 tags not being read

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cerr
Registered Member
OS

ID3 tags not being read

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:19 pm
Hi there,

I'm new to amarok2. In my collection in am,arok 1.4 i had all my songs sorted nicely with ID3 tags. Now, in Amarok2 the songs show up sorted by artist/album in the collection but the ID3 tags of all the tracks re empty? How can I make Amarok2 to read the ID3 tag?
That's puzzeling me... :(

Thanks,
Ron
runsnbunsn
Registered Member

Re: ID3 tags not being read

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 pm
amarok should read the mp3 tags, maybe you stored id3v1 tags AND id3v2 tags in the files, i think amarok uses id3v1 then, but i'm not shure
cerr
Registered Member
OS

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 pm
runsnbunsn wrote:amarok should read the mp3 tags, maybe you stored id3v1 tags AND id3v2 tags in the files, i think amarok uses id3v1 then, but i'm not shure

Well it doesn't. All mp3s were written with correct ID3 tags. As the exact same files/collection looks to be read nicely in Amarok 1.4 and any other music player software (tried banshee & XMMP). It should really work fine. May I be missing some id3 library on my Opensuse 11 system. Any one else experiencing the same problems? Could there be a bug in Yast's depency check? Or did I install it from the wrong repo?
Any clues?

Thank you,
Ron
mpstump
Registered Member

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:30 pm
I had this problem with Amarok too, and it was a V1/V2 thing. Try the program kid3 (sudo apt-get install kid3), because with that you can see both version side by side, then you can import v1 to v2, or vice versa, and see if Amarok shows the tag after that.
Floh1111
Registered Member

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:55 pm
I had the same Problem and Kid3 did the trick for me :)
Just import V1 to V2 and/or remove V1 than rescan your collection.

Bye
Floh1111

Last edited by Floh1111 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.