This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Search / Filter in Amarok2 playlist ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mehmet nur olcay
Registered Member
Hi all,

Is there an option like Search / Filter in Amarok2 playlist like the old Amarok has or the collection manager has now ?

It's really one of most needed features for me..
markey
KDE Developer
OS
It's an upcoming feature and it's already implemented in our local repositories. Might make it into 2.0.1 or 2.1, this is not yet decided.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
mehmet nur olcay
Registered Member
it is in Amarok 2.0.1 now, thanks for the good job.. but is it possible to add also search by location/path ? Album, Artist, Track.. etc are there but path is absent.

With Amarok 1.4.x I can select/filter files that have an incorrect ID Tag by their folder names, then edit their Tags together. Hope to see this in Amarok 2.x, too
braslau
Registered Member
After suffering an initial shock upon upgrade to amarok 2.0 (and quickly downgrading back to 1.4 so that I could continue listening to my music), I decided to try again now that 2.0.1 has been released. This is a huge improvement and so I think that I will be keeping it!

A (gentle) feature request that I hope will be considered:
My entire collection is doubled flac+mp3. I would like an easy way of selecting one or another. Before, we had filetype (as well as path). Will something be worked into the collection browser and/or playlist search to allow this?

Thanks
mehmet nur olcay
Registered Member
mehmet nur olcay wrote:it is in Amarok 2.0.1 now, thanks for the good job.. but is it possible to add also search by location/path ? Album, Artist, Track.. etc are there but path is absent.

Any plan for this ? At least may be choice tho show file name with full path ( like JuK has ) to make filter by path working. Im using the old Amarok because of this feature absence, as i have over 5000 tracks in my playlist allways...