This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

WLM Now playing support

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Xmister
Registered Member

WLM Now playing support

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Hi
I just wanted to ask that, there is any chance for a now playing support in Windows Live Messenger?
I know that it works in kopete, but if I'm in windows I rather use WLM than kopete...
Thanks
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: WLM Now playing support

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:59 am
Well, if someone (you?) writes a script for it :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Xmister
Registered Member

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 pm
Let it be someone :)
It would be too hard for me, because I have never wrote a qtscript, and I think qtscript is not enough for this, but I'm not sure...
I have a sourcecode of foobar's now playing plugin. I can send it if it helps.

Last edited by Xmister on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 am
Well in case you should still develop an interest:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

;)

--
Xmister
Registered Member

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:38 am
Well...I had a little spare time :D
I wrote an application in delphi which can change MSN's PSM with the given parameters.(The source code is attached too)
Then...and that was the harder part(Because the API documentation of Amarok2 is really, really, really, really rough), I wrote the script which uses this.

There is some limitations:
-You should copy the attached exe where amarok.exe is (KDE installation's bin dir) (Because I didn't find any constant, variable or function which could tell me where is amarok's scripts directory)
-If you quit amarok without stopping the music, your Messenger will still writes your last played music(Because I couldn't find any signal about quit)

If someone could tell me these things, I would say thanks.
So, finally the package: http://www.allhubs.org/amarokscripts/wlmnow.zip
dangle_wtf

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 am
I don't have Windows installed, but it's awesome that you've attempted this! Congratulations for taking the time - this is what Amarok's scripting interface is *for* :-)
Karma for you.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:52 am
Xmister wrote:Then...and that was the harder part(Because the API documentation of Amarok2 is really, really, really, really rough), I wrote the script which uses this.

You're right about the rough documentation. But then, it's a Wiki, so please help us improve it ;)

--
Xmister
Registered Member

Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm
dangle_wtf wrote:I don't have Windows installed, but it's awesome that you've attempted this! Congratulations for taking the time - this is what Amarok's scripting interface is *for* :-)
Karma for you.

Thanks, but I would not like to release it in kde-apps.org, while these "limitations" are there. So someone could help me in that..

Mark Kretschmann wrote:You're right about the rough documentation. But then, it's a Wiki, so please help us improve it ;)

I think the API documentation is what the developers need to improve, not me. It's much more easier for them to document what they did, than for me to browse the source code...

Anyway, could someone help me to figure out these limitations?

EDIT:
OK, I've found the appropriate solutions for the limitations.
The script can be downloaded and installed without any pain from here: http://www.allhubs.org/amarokscripts/wl ... script.tar

I will publish it soon on kde-apps too...

Last edited by Xmister on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xmister
Registered Member

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:08 am
Now it has a GUI for configuring ;)

It can be downloaded from kde-apps too ( http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=95479 )