This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Syncronise music between Amarok databases?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
enigma83
Registered Member
Ok, I have a laptop with restricted hard drive space.  It's not tiny, some 160GB, but I use a lot of that for various VM images and other work.
I also have a file server with roughly 1.5TB of space (so it has heaps of spare space).

My whole music collection sits on the file server currently, but I run Amarok from my laptop, so I just copy some music over to my laptop and add it to the database when I want to listen to it.

I don't want Amarok on the laptop to directly talk to the file server, since the laptop is not always even able to connect to the file server.  What I want to do is set up an Amarok database on my file server, and then somehow be able to "synchronise" between the two Amarok databases, which would pretty much treat my laptop as a "music playing device".  I don't want a full both-copies-the-same synchronisation, but just a way that I can select some music from the file server and copy it to my local collection.  Is this possible in any easy way?  I think the best way would be to "browse external collection" maybe?