This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok Screensaver in 2.0?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
korama
Registered Member

Amarok Screensaver in 2.0?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 pm
hey guys,
When I installed Amarok2.0 it doesn't seem to have remembered the scripts I had installed, so I was trying to install the AmarokScreensaver script (which I had running no problem in the previous version).
However, I get a message saying "A Script With That Name Is Already Installed, Please Remove It First" ....  the script isn't showing up though so how can I remove it?

In my screensaver settings if I run 'slideshow' as a test I still see the Amarok Screensaver, but it is permanently showing the same album, which must be the last album I listened to before installing the new version of Amarok. Any ideas? Is there a way to uninstall the script from the command line? Using latest Kubuntu, kde4.2 if that helps.
cheers
K.
dangle_wtf

Re: Amarok Screensaver in 2.0?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:52 pm
It sounds like you've installed 2.0 over the top of 1.4 using the same config - I'm not sure this is completely supported yet.
Others may have a better answer, but I'd suggest deleting ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc for a completely fresh start, or at the very least, checking in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts for old copies.
Bear in mind the screensaver script may not have been rewritten for Amarok 2.0 yet.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 am
korama wrote:When I installed Amarok2.0 it doesn't seem to have remembered the scripts I had installed, so I was trying to install the AmarokScreensaver script (which I had running no problem in the previous version).
However, I get a message saying "A Script With That Name Is Already Installed, Please Remove It First" ....  the script isn't showing up though so how can I remove it?

Please note that Amarok 1.x scripts are _not_ compatible with 2.0. The scripting system was completely rewritten and is now much more powerful (at the cost of being incompatible with the old one).

Here's an overview of the Amarok 2 scripting system:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
korama
Registered Member

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Cool, I see. That would explain why some of the scripts I added weren't showing up.

Thanks for the replies. Does this mean that, for the moment, the only scripts available are the ones that show up in the 'Get More Scripts' function?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:57 pm
Basically, yes. Here's another way to browse them:

http://kde-apps.org/?xcontentmode=57

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer