This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

rant: Amarok issues?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
penguin
Registered Member
OS

rant: Amarok issues?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:39 pm
I installed Rythmbox and I was up and running, listening to music within a couple of minutes. 

It probably takes all day to configure Amarok.

The program is awful.

I tried first to configure in MTP mode but soon gave up.

Then I tried in MSC/usb mode.  It has worked before but each time I have had to set up a new configuration, it has taken forever to get it to configure properly.

I have used several different distros running KDE 3.5 or 4 and had the same problems each time.  I had to mount the player but it would not connect properly at first.  I guess I should be writing notes out for this.  I went to the Amarok how-to site and there's almost no info for initial setups or how to configure an mp3 player.  There is some writeups for setting up an ipod.  Yet, I have witnessed first-hand experience of even early generation ipods not configuring properly.  That is, not until after a lot of headache and time.

I don't expect any answers to my other post in the help section because I don't think the program runs properly since there's too many bugs. 

How about writing a coherent 'how-to' and knowing that mp3 owners might want to use their player in either MTP or MSC mode?   

If other programs configure and initialize mp3 players in a matter of minutes, why does it take ages to do so in Amarok? 

Nothing is intuitive in Amarok as well. 

I'm sure Amarok fans will just bash this post and say it works for them.  I'm used to that routine.