This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dump a list of all songs I played from mysql database?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-MasterOfNothing
Registered Member
hi folks,

I have a question... I need to scrobble my entire playing history to last.fm. What I need is a list of all songs I have played (incl. song name, artist, album, year), preferrably in a chronological order. I have set up amarok (1.4.x) with mysql but I am not too good with it, so could someone suggest a command to retrieve this information from the db? submitting itself will be done by a custom script I will write

Thanks in advance

Last edited by imported-MasterOfNothing on Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
Ummmm....... when you fill in your last.fm info in Amarok, it should automatically scrobble your already played tracks. Did you try this already? It has Just Worked for me, so I assume it usually works for others too. Sometimes last.fm has connection and/or molasses-slow issues, but eventually Amarok always catches them up if I'm listening while online for awhile.

Be aware that it takes last.fm awhile to catch up, too. Sometimes your history is in there awhile before it shows itself in your lists and statistics. Patience, grasshopper.

imported-MasterOfNothing
Registered Member
Unfortunately no, neither of the two times I have registered with last.fm has amarok submitted my tracks. So I guess Just Works (tm) has not been my friend. On the other hand I don't know how realistic it is to expect amarok to scrobble 40 000 play entries. AFAIK submit.xml is limited to 500 entries. At least that was what my 8mb custom-compiled submit.xml was cut down to after amarok had been chewing on it for a couple of hours.

Anyways, I have gotten out data from the mysql-db. I'll post commands as soon as I get home :)