This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Anyone using 'Music Explorer' script?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
As the subject line says!  It is a really good little add on, but still has some way to go.  It would be nice if it could be more integrated into amarok2.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
markey
KDE Developer
OS
I have not yet tried this script, but if you have ideas for its development, I suggest that you comment directly on the kde-apps.org page of the script. It's unlikely that the script author would read your comments here on this forum.

Here's the page:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Mu ... tent=93830

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
piemonkey
Registered Member
I've not used it yet either, but I plan to change this.

As for development, on the page that you linked to, in the comments, the developer mentions that he'd like some help from Amarok developers:

"I hope a developer will soon add some signal handlers for 'song-added' and 'song-removed' from the playlist and stuff like this. So I could reduce the nr of hacks in the code and maybe create a beta version."

He also refers to a todo list that I can't seem to find, not that I'm a developer at all, I just thought I'd post that here too.
piemonkey
Registered Member
Ah, I am a fool, it was included in the script, and here it is for any nice people who would like to help.
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
Mark Kretschmann wrote:I have not yet tried this script, but if you have ideas for its development, I suggest that you comment directly on the kde-apps.org page of the script...

Sorry, I am just highlighting this script as a user.  I have no practical suggestions for how to integrate it.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER