This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 - Noticably missing features that KILL usefullness

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
balinsky
Registered Member
Firstly i can see the potential in amarok 2. but there are many missing features that leave me saying wtf

One of the great things about Amarok is how easy it is to manage large collections and get them in order.

Why can I not delete from the collection browser. Either right click or shift + delete key would be fine. Not having this is crippling.

also to be able to highlight multiple things at once and do operations all at once (organize, show under various, delete) is needed

also a nice applet to view all of the info from a track you find relevant would be great.
As of right now you need to go into track details to find bitrate, filetype etc. this is no good.

You need to be able to do "day to day" operations so that adoption will happen and feedback will follow

love amarok and will continue to provide feedback
jebsky
spiffytech
Registered Member
I second the motion for a way to quickly view bitrate/filetype. Perhaps someone could write a plasmoid for it?
sebr
File deletion is definitely in the works, and I think we'll end up expanding the current track applet to show more detailed info.
Boni
Registered Member
As long as this doesnt exists everyone is free to go back to 1.4.
balinsky
Registered Member
very good to hear, thx