This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
former_windows_user
Registered Member

Help...

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 pm
... I am not a techie, my husband has installed Linux onto my computer because Windows is **** but he doesn't know how to use it properly/doesn't have enough time right now to sort it for me.

I am having trouble doing simple things like connecting my mp3 player to Amarok and uploading new songs to it - I literally have no idea how to do it.

When I plug my mp3 player into it, it recognises the music on it and plays it. However, I am at a loss to add more music to my mp3 player... I'm assuming if you "delete" it off the device in Amarok it doesn't delete it from my whole computer?!

If someone could help, I'd appreciate it, I don't even mind if you're patronising - I just need some new songs to listen to at the gym. (and yes, I am still living in the dark ages with my 256 mb mp3 player, hence the need to change songs around and not just add more...)
dangle_wtf

Re: Help...

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Help will depend on which version of Amarok you're using (help menu, about amarok...).

The type of music player would help too - brand, or whether you needed special software in windows to copy music to it.

Nothing wrong with older hardware! My mp3 player is the size of a brick, and about the same weight ;-)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
darkscot
Registered Member
OS

Re: Help...

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:34 am
Assuming you are using version 1.4 then it is simply a matter of dragging the tracks to your device.  However, this just puts them in a queue and you then need a final click to transfer them.

Alternatively, you have a basic 'USB stick' type MP3 player it should show up as an external drive in your file manager.  You can then just drag and drop the tracks you want from there. 

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER