This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 1.4 sources

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
KaBooFa
Registered Member

Amarok 1.4 sources

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 pm
Hi Everyone,

As I'm for the moment really disappointed about Amarok 2.0, I decided to get back to version 1.4. I can't find an rpm packet for Fedora 10 x86_64 I want to compile it myself. But I can't find sources. Do you know how I can retrieve the sources?

Thanks for your help, and hoping Amarok 2 to evolve in a good way (not the one taken for the moment)

Regards,

KaB
dangle_wtf

Re: Amarok 1.4 sources

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:25 am
Hm, I did think they were on the wiki, but it appears there's only 2.0.1.1 sources there now. Did you really look that hard elsewhere?

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/ ... 4.rpm.html

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
KaBooFa
Registered Member

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:34 pm
Hello Folks,

Ok the last link doesn't work, I'd already find and check it, but I've  find this thread:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1137846

Hope It Helps

Regards,

KaB

PS: But why is there nothing on Amarok's wiki

Last edited by KaBooFa on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterhjr
Registered Member

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 pm
Thanks for that link - there's even a nice and shiny 64-bit package there!

What happened to Amarok? It was very nearly a killer app for Linux boxes, but version 2 is featureless, buggy and uglier than sin. Why why why?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 pm
peterhjr wrote:What happened to Amarok? It was very nearly a killer app for Linux boxes, but version 2 is featureless, buggy and uglier than sin. Why why why?

This is not constructive criticism, but simply a pointless rant. I (as one of developers) refuse to feed such trolling.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
peterhjr
Registered Member

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 pm
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I was more concerned with getting 1.4 running rather than formulating a detailed description of why I dislike the current version.

Also, I was rather put to find that the 1.4 version of the software, which was one of the best music players available, has now been buried by so deeply that users have to dig through old source RPMs to find it again.

Anyway. This isn't trolling or criticism, to be honest. Just a lament... :)
Hydrogen
Registered Member

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 pm
The 1.4 code is located at svn://anonsvn.kde.org/branches/stable/e ... dia/amarok.

Or the source can be found at
ftp://bolugftp.uni-bonn.de/pub/kde/stab ... 10.tar.bz2 (or on any other ftp.kde.org mirror)
dangle_wtf

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:37 am
Thanks Dan, I knew they were out there somewhere! Brainfade ;)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"