This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sort by date

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CookedGryphon
Registered Member

Sort by date

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 pm
It's come to my attention when upgrading that sorting by date added to library or first/last played is not all that useful a measure of which songs are newer to you as they all get added at the same time.

It would be much more useful to use the file creation date then you can build an accurate timeline of what music you acquired when, play newer stuff you might not have got round to listening to yet, have a nostalgia trip, regardless of whether you've always used amarok or not. Granted it isn't perfect and falls down if you move stuff, but it would work in more cases than date added to library.

What do you think? Good idea?
Acitta
Registered Member

Re: Sort by date

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 pm
I also would like this.  In Amarok 1.x I can create playlists of files most recently added to my disk by an arbitrary number of days, weeks or months back.  I have all of my music files on an external network drive and I sometimes forget to remount the drive after a reboot before starting Amarok 2.  This means that I have to do a rescan which makes everything in the database the same date.
dangle_wtf

Re: Sort by date

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:48 am
You'll probably appreciate the new playlist config tool then :) Not sure if it made it into 2.0.2, but is in svn and will def. make it to 2.1

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"